Where we are:
117 9th street, Suite 214
Brooklyn, NY 11218
We welcome interns in all areas of the company: industrial design, design research, engineering, communication design, marketing, accounting, and studio administration.
Specific experience for the internship you’re applying for, insatiable enthusiasm for design, research, learning, sharing and building stuff. You value a broad picture of collaborating in a studio and take ownership of your work
We love interns at all levels of their career: undergraduates, recent graduates and graduate students. Our internships are seasonal: winter, spring, summer and fall.
We start accepting applications about 6 months prior, so plan your application ahead of time.
Our team is multidisciplinary so you’ll be exposed to all types of interesting projects.
Internships are non-paid, but what you’ll gain most from your time with real-world exposure to a talent-driven design culture and a hardworking and friendly team.
When applying, don’t forget to put the discipline you’re applying to (ID, Interaction, Engineering, Brand, etc.) in your introduction letter, your Curriculum Vitae, and your Portfolio in PDF form.
If you are interested in interning at Alvaro Uribe Design, make sure you have.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘INDUSTRIAL DESIGN INTERNSHIP + SEASON’ in the subject field.
Salary is based on experience/skill level.
We are seeking a highly motivated, highly creative Marketing & Development Intern to join our growing team. This individual will work closely with Alvaro Uribe to support the practice’s marketing and development efforts.
The ideal candidate will possess a precise attention to detail and can-do attitude, eager to accomplish projects big and small. Daily tasks will include: researching industry trends, potential partners and speaking engagements, analyzing competitions, developing social media content, drafting marketing copy, and updating reports and the firm’s contact database. Beyond these responsibilities, this individual will also contribute to the overall efficiency of the studio by assisting with daily operations.
– Knowledgeable about contemporary art, design, and architecture
– Familiarity with relevant museums, galleries, and institutions, both locally and abroad
– Solid understanding of major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and critical thinking
– Extremely resourceful—you can Google your way to any answer
– Superior organizational skills
– Experienced with spreadsheets and data entry
– Prior experience in marketing, social media, or press are a plus
– Must be able to commit 20 to 30 hours per week
We encourage all bright and ambitious applicants to apply. Email your resume and work samples and/or online links to email@example.com with MARKETING & DEVELOPMENT INTERN in the subject line of your email.
Please no emails larger than 8 mb, no hard copies or original portfolios.
We are seeking a bold, energetic individual to join us as an integral member of our business development team. With a primary emphasis on seeking new opportunities for the studio, this highly visible position will play a key role in our growth by enhancing Alvaro Uribe Designs’s rapidly expanding portfolio. Marked by proven experience successfully brokering strategic relationships within the design and professional services industries—as well as with thought leaders, influencers, and leading innovators—the ideal candidate will be self-sufficient, highly driven, and wholly dedicated to the evolution of the firm.
This is a senior level position in a growing firm. Knowledge of and robust connections in the design industry are essential.
– Proven track record of successfully securing new project opportunities beyond standard RFP research
– Solid network of contacts in the architecture, real estate, and product design worlds
– Strong understanding of brand positioning in the design space
– Excellent communication skills
– Deep appreciation for contemporary creative culture and design thinking
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT’ in the subject field.
Salary is based on experience/skill level.